May 21, 2011

Junketsu + Kareshi Chapter 9

Update:  One content farm uploaded the chapter ugly watermarks and all.  Therefore, chapter 10 will be similarly watermarked.  Go give thanks to them.  I have sent this website an e-mail.  Hopefully, they will take down our projects so we can end this stupidity before we get to chapter 10.
-------------------
Here is "Junketsu + Kareshi" chapter 9 and as I warned, I've watermarked some of the pages in the zip file because some bad actors continued to upload this series to manga aggregation websites and content farms.  I feel bad doing this because the artwork in the series is gorgeous.  I beg you to please keep your hate comments to yourself because I will not publish them. I know this is upsetting and hating me isn't going to help the situation.  The water marking will stop when the uploading stops.   Fortunately, it looks like some of the worst offending websites have pulled our projects.  So hopefully, this is enough of a warning so that folks understand that I'm serious.  Also understand, if the uploading doesn't stop I can make this increasingly draconian.  I only want to do this once or twice, so please respect our rules and don't upload our projects to manga aggregations websites or content farms.

Okay, now some good news!  The PDF is clean and if you have an iPad or Nook, the PDF looks wonderful.  PC and laptop, though, will show some loss of image quality compared to the zip file.  All you people with a predisposition to be bad apples, please resist the urge to make me watermark both the Zip and the PDF.

Links to "Junketsu + Kareshi" chapter 9:  (Zip -- Watermarked) (PDF -- No watermark, mobile, tablets) Retired.

Note: If you have trouble with the PDF, reload the webpage.  If that doesn't work, restart your browser and try again.  If that doesn't work then download the PDF and view the PDF on your desktop rather than your browser.  The PDF does have some security enabled, so it's very possible that the file will not open in most PDF readers.)

News!  "Junketsu + Kareshi" Volume 2 releases June 3rd.  I can sell you a copy for $11 + $2.50 postage within the US and $3.50 shipping to Canada.  Outside the US and Canada shipping will be $8 - $9 (via airmail).  If you would like to purchase a copy, contact me via e-mail using the contact link on the menu located at the top of this blog.

Spoiler Alert!  Spoilers Ahead!
My Thoughts on the chapter:
I have high hopes for chapter 10.  Jin finally asks Kana about how she feels about Aki and her situation.  Also, the shock of seeing Aki and his fiancee may snap Kana out of her Pollyanna state.

As for Eve, she irritates me already.  Get your darned hands off of Aki!  I wonder if she's after the Stigma too.  I hope she goes way quickly.  I'm in no mood for an Eve-Aki-Kana love triangle.  Anyhow, I hope some servant-protect-master things kicks in with Kana and Kana makes Eve go away.  I'm really worried about this because an annoying female third wheel could drive me to hate this series.

Chapter 10 will have some color pages and will be a longer chapter than usual.  Hopefully, in her time off, Shouoto-sensei had some time to think of ways to improve J+K and will begin to get the story back on track.
----------------------------
Next up!
Next up is the Halloween-in-May one-shot "Twelve O'Clock Bell Rings".  It's short and wicked.