May 23, 2011

We are Dropping "Junketsu + Kareshi"

UPDATE:  WHEN THE NEW GROUP IS READY TO ANNOUNCE THEY'VE TAKEN OVER J+K, WE'LL ANNOUNCE IT HERE TOO.  
--------------------
We are dropping "Junketsu + Kareshi".  I'm basically the only person in the group working on that series and I've grown tired of the random and amateurish plot despite the pretty pictures.  The beginning of my hatred of this series started at the beginning of chapter 7 when Kana asked "Why don't we form a club!?"  What the ***!?  I feel like this series was a bait and switch scam.  It started out gritty and dark and Aki was a true biting vampire and then it turned into some light high school romp.  I can't take this.  It's an atrocity to do this to a vampire and a werewolf as cool and gorgeous as Aki and Jin.   Anyhow...I've approached another group to take over the series and when they are ready to announce they are taking over the series, we'll announce the new home too.  I'm very sorry to all the fans out there who love this series, but this is for the best -- at least for my sanity.

We do have a new series in mind now that we are done with this one.  It looks like Ogura Akane (ZHD) will be giving us something new and piratey (if I read her blog correctly) in June ;p.