Dec 31, 2010

Junketsu + Kareshi Chp 6


Happy New Year everyone! Look what I have for you!

Links to "Junketsu + Vampire" chapter 6:  (Zip -- high quality) (PDF-- medium quality, but convenient)  -- Retired

It looks like this is the last chapter of the first volume and the first story arc.  I'll put out an announcement on this blog when the first volume is released along with links for you to purchase the manga.  If you like this series, you should purchase the book to give thanks to Shouto-sensei.

Spoilers ahead ---
And now my thoughts on the chapter.  Finally, we see Kana begin to internalize her situation and it's very interesting to me that this all happens in a fire.  Fire has all kinds of meanings.  I think of fire as a cleanser and also in reference to the myth of the Phoenix -- a mythical bird that resurrects from its own ashes.  Finally Kana understands that she's truly undead and confronts the horror or feeling pain while being indestructible.  In fire, though, this is basically hell -- eternally on fire but never burning.  I hope the next chapter spends some more time with Kana thinking about her situation and her purpose.

The Aki/Shiranui buddy duo is solidified.  I like this buddy pair a lot and I look forward to seeing more of their interactions.

Next up is Magnolia chapter 6 and the first chapter of the companion series "Lily."