Nov 22, 2009

Ouran Chp 76 Translation

Update (11/29/2009):  Prompted by a comment on Mangafox, I took another look at the original Japanese on pg 27.   I originally translated Tamaki's intent as him wanting to understand his grandmother.  However, after consulting a grammar reference, I see it's the other way around.  He wants to be acknowledged by his grandmother so she can understand his point of view.  Consequently, I have re-translated page 27 and updated the file to version 1.  Sorry for the error, but I'm grateful to have had it pointed out :).  It helps a lot to improves my skills.
------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry to report the thunderstorm romance was not meant to be.  But it's all right because this chapter shows just how wonderful Haruhi is.  Anyhow, this was a very difficult chapter to translate, and I'm sure I got a thing or two wrong, but I hope I captured the spirit of events.  Here's version 0.  If the proofreaders find any errors, there will be a version 1 tomorrow or Tuesday.

Link to Ouran High School Host Club Chp 76 (Retired)(11/29/2009: version 1 -- I re-translated pg 27.   No edits from Pyro.
Update -12/25/2009: Corrected the spelling of one of the dogs Bunshichi --> Punshichi

Enjoy! I will finish up Arakure Chp 55 hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow or Tuesday.