Nov 11, 2009

New Project Survey Finished

The new project survey ended early this morning.  "Ultimate Venus" won by a large margin at the last minute.  However, two or three days ago I wrote I would not be taking on that project in this blog because parts of it are not appropriate for a general audience. 

I received some excellent suggestions in the comments and as a result, I will be translating "Yoroshiku Master" for the holiday season.  As for after that, "Toshokan Sensou" and "Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri" are the front runners.  However, given the excellent suggestions, I would like to take some time to research some of these other series before making a final decision.  The question is how to do it.  I did enjoy getting feedback and I found it very helpful.  I feel, though, before I choose a series I need get a sense of whether I like it.

My plan is to start the new project in January, so in the meantime, if there are new or untranslated series you are interested in, let me know in the comments and will check the series out.  Here's a list of the magazine I get:

Lala
Lala DX
Betsucomi
Bestuscomi Extra
Hana to Yume
Betsuhana
Hana to Yume Extra
Asuka

Here are some of the series that are on my list to checkout:
*Love Sick (Morie Satoshi) -- Done/meh...(still release chp 1 scanlation, ETA 11/16/2009)
*Orange Chocolate
*Hyakujuu Kingdom
*Berry Berry - Banri Hidaka
*Akatsuki no Yona - Mizuho Kusanagi