Mar 7, 2011

Junketsu + Kareshi chp 8 -- wow, I never would have guessed who "N" is...

The title page for "Junketsu + Kareshi" chapter 8 is very deceiving.  Neither of these characters shows up in the chapter (except the Student Council President very briefly in a flashback).  Anyhow...this chapter pretty much goes as predicted, though, there are a few funny Aki snide remark moments (thank goodness for those).
Here are the links:

Links to "Junketsu + Kareshi" chapter 8:  (Zip) (PDF) -- Retired

Spoiler Alert!
My thoughts on the Chapter--

Kana continues to bumble happily and senselessly along.  Personally, I would have taken the hinges off of Masayuki's door.  Beyond that, the whole Masayuki situation makes no sense.  People have to come out of their room sometime to use the bathroom and eat.  And I don't know how it works in Japan, but in the US, if kids don't show up for school, someone starts investigating.  Sigh...I guess we'll have to suspend our brains for this series and just accept the situation.

There was little suspense over who "N" is and, of course, every 15-year nerdy boy is a genius hacker -- NOT! Okay, suspending my brain again...Anyhow, I'm glad this chapter was fast paced and got this part of the story over with quickly.  I can't say I'm feeling much suspense going into chapter 9.  We all know if the person jumps, Kana can catch him or her before they hit the ground.  Hopefully, this means we launch into a new part of the story after that bit of drama is over -- though, I imagine, it will take 30-ish pages to get the "Stigma" out of Masayuki. Or...maybe we'll get lucky and get two Stigma extracted next chapter -- "Pride" from the PC Club President and "Sloth" from Masayuki.  And for goodness' sake!  Aki has to start biting Kana again!  And it better be a creatively and beautifully drawn.

Next up is "Akagami no Shirayukihime" chapter 23 followed by a double release of "Pika Ichi".