Sep 2, 2012

August 2012 Statistics, September Plans and AnS

August was our themed one-shot month.  I think it went pretty well, though in the future after Halloween and Christmas, we are probably going to limit it to 3 or 4 one-shots instead of 6.  I wanted to do a more stark alternation between series and one-shots, but from now and into 2013, we have too many on-going series that we need to moving.

In September, we plan to make some progress on our series, though I admit at this moment I don't have a firm release schedule.  As of now "Ojousama no Untenshu, " "Fushigi no Maria-kun," "Furou Kyoudai," and "Servamp" are being worked on. We are also working on one-shots for our Halloween/October one-shot party.  The plan for this month is to go with the flow and see what gets done.  We have one planned one-shot from Tsukiji Nao and Aka Lala is coming in on the 11th or 12th, but until I see the magazine, I don't know how much of it we'll cover and what the schedule will look like.  I do know though with respect to Aka Lala, we will not be paying any attention to what other groups are doing.  We may duplicate efforts, but we are not going to rush.  Rather we will work at our own pace and deliver our best effort.

Okay, now on to a detailed look at August's activities.

Top 10 Visiting Countries
  1. US (CA, NY, TX, MA, FL)
  2. Canada
  3. France
  4. Philippines (Hey! Hey! You guys made a big move up the rank!)
  5. Indonesia
  6. Australia
  7. Germany
  8. Malaysia
  9. Singapore
  10. United Kingdom

Top 5 Releases
  1. One-shot: "Summer Blue"
  2. "Magnolia" Chapter 24
  3. One-shot: "Kaizokuhime"
  4. One-shot: "The Day I Kissed a Whale"
  5. "Seigi no Mikata" Chapter 3
 Top 5 Browsers
  1. Chrome
  2. Firefox
  3. Safari
  4. IE
  5. Opera
Mobile viewing is up to 5%!!!

Overall readership has been steadily declining.  Most of it appears to be the lack of AnS updates.  I don't think I really like having one series so heavily influence readership, but it is what it is.  Personally, I enjoy introducing new mangaka and working on series the group and I really enjoy I.  I am currently accessing the future of AnS on this blog.  We are committed through volume 8, but after that we would like to pass it off to another group who can continue the quality work and connect well with the audience (quite honestly, I don't have it in me to care about the series any further.).  If you are a scanlation group admin or leader whose group is interested in taking over AnS post-volume 8, please contact me (Kuroneko003) via the link in the top right-hand corner of the blog. If there are no takers, then we will reevaluate the situation again as volume 9 nears (March 2013-ish).