Jul 24, 2012

"Ojousama no Untenshu" Chp 3

Watery banners are needed for August!!!! (width 1250 px, max height 350 px)

I hadn't realized that it's been more than 3 months since we last released a chapter of this series. Time does fly! Anyhow, we are accelerating this series. Our goal is to complete the series in September, which means we will be release 2 or 3 chapters per month. In fact, chapter 4 will be released tomorrow!

Let's give thanks to Amrai for her wonderful translation. This series is quite a challenge both in terms of translation and English adaptation. In light of the recently reignited honorific debate, I experimented by using English equivalents of Japanese honorifics. I'm not sure I like it and I know some of you who understand the importance of honorifics may not like it either.  I think, though, you can guess the Japanese honorific if you give it some thought. Anyhow, I'm still on the fence with respect to honorifics. I prefer to use them when the characters are Japanese in Japan and I think it's inappropriate to use them with non-Japanese characters that are not in Japan.

Onto the release!

Link to "Ojousama no Untenshu" chapter 3: (PDF)

Next up! Tomorrow "Ojousama no Untenshu" chapter 4 will be released and then early next week will be a dual release of the last two chapters of "Seigi no Mikata."