Dec 31, 2011

Omari's Sister's 2011 Stats

I've been having a heck of time pulling myself from "Rex Fabula" to get this post out.  Haha! There are a few interesting developments at the beginning of chapter 4 that got me hooked.  But if I don't do this post now, I'll be on the crazy January OS train and I won't do it at all.

There were a lot of surprises for me in the statistics for 2011.  You guys sure do like your one-shots!  I did not expect that.  Actually, I expected a backlash.  But...I'm cool with that.  I love one-shots now and I hope we get do many more in 2012.

Some milestones for 2012:
  • We surpassed 1-million views this summer and 2-million views a couple of days ago.  That was amazing!  In terms of unique visitors, we had close to 200,000.  I'm so happy we were able to provide entertainment for so many people around the world.  I hope that some fraction of the audience did purchase some manga and put some money into our favorite manga-ka's pockets.
  • One-shot explosion!  We did a lot!
  • Completed Series:
    • "Kimi ni XOXO"
    • "The Scarecrow of Oz"
  • Series Begun
    • "Fushigi no Maria-kun"
    • "Yukarism"
    • "Ore to Atashi no Kareshi-sama"
    • "The Ghost Apartment Manager"
    • "Rex Fabula" (Bakeneko's Lair)
    • "Servamp" (Bakeneko's Lair)
    • "Seigi no Mikata" (Bakeneko's Lair)
A few Lowlights:
  • Dropped Series
    • "Junketsu + Kareshi"
    • "Orange Chocolate"
    • "Pika Ichi"
  • Mangafox Rage
  • TokyoPop Bankruptcy -- totally ruined my manga purchasing enjoyment...boo...
All right, and now onto the stats!

Top 10 Visiting Countries (Big surprises here -- lots of unexpected love from SE Asia)
  1. United States of America (CA [LA, SF, Sac, Davis, SJ], NY, TX, FL, MA)
  2. Canada
  3. France
  4. Philippines
  5. Germany
  6. Australia
  7. UK
  8. Indonesia
  9. Malaysia
  10. Singapore
Top 20 Releases (More Surprises!)
  1. "Ouran High School Host Club" Volume 18 Extras
  2. "Ouran High School Host Club" July 2011 Special Chapter
  3. "Junketsu + Kareshi" Chapter 2
  4. "Ouran High School Host Club" January 2011 Special Chapter
  5. One-shot:  "The Honeybee Earl and the Flower Dress"
  6. "Junketsu + Kareshi" Chapter 9
  7. One-shot:  "Ryuu no Moriuta"
  8. "Junketsu + Kareshi" Chapter 8
  9. "Akagami no Shirayukihime" Chapter 25
  10. "Akagami no Shirayukihime" Chapter 24
  11. "Ouran High School Host Club" August 2011 Special Chapter
  12. One-shot "Vahlia's Bridegroom"
  13. One-shot "Blue Rhapsodia"
  14. "Magnolia" Chapter 12/ Lily Chapter 2
  15. "Yukarism" Chapter 7
  16. One-Shot:  "Akuma ni Itsukushimi no Te wo"
  17. "Akagami no Shirayukihime" Chapter 27
  18. One-Shot:  "World's End Garden"
  19. "Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen" Volume 4 Extras
Top 5 Sources that feed into this Blog:
  1. Google
  2. Direct
  3. Manga Updates
  4. Mangafox Forums
  5. Feed Burner
Top 5 Browsers (You guys are web savvy)
  1. Firefox
  2. Chrome
  3. Internet Explorer
  4. Safari
  5. Opera
Top Mobile Viewing Devices (3% of views were with mobile devices)
  1. iPad
  2. iPod Touch
  3. iPhone
  4. unspecified
  5. HTC Legend
I'm still processing what all of this means.  But from some other stats, it looks like we have broad and loyal audience and the mix is pretty consistent with a bulk of the audience's taste.  I don't know where to put this in the importance of things, but the projects we do are based on what I like as this group's administrator and editor.  I guess for myself, as an engineer, I like stats.  I see them more as a validation tool than as a forecasting tool.  I do know, based on my own tastes and the audience's response, we will be keeping an eye out for more works by Toyota Yuu.

Thank you all for your support and well wishes.  Let's all have a great 2012!