Apr 15, 2011

TokyoPop is Shutting Down US Operations

Tokyo Pop is finally going under in the US.  They will be shutting down US operations on May 31st.  I don't know what will happen with all the series they are in the middle of.  I myself am currently reading:
  • Shinobi Life
  • Gakuen Alice
  • Portrait of M&N
  • VB Rose
  • Aion
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts
  • Maid-sama
Needless to say, I'm rather disappointed.  Anyhow...hopefully, another publisher will rise up and take over some of the licenses so the series can be finished (Hopefully in affordable electronic form rather than tree killing volumes).  I'm not feeling all that confident, though, since I haven't seen a resumption of any of the series from CMX, which went out of business last year.  Sigh...*shakes head*

Here are some links for more information on the situation:
Oh...well...