Apr 8, 2011

"Yukarism" Chapter 4

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the smuggiest of them all?  I'll let you be the judge.  Is it Hugo or this new guy Shizuka Takamura? Haha, this is so much fun :).

Here's "Yukarism" chapter 4!  The plot thickens as more people from the past are introduced.  In this chapter, the witch doctor Shizuka Takamura enters the scene.  Is he an enemy?  Somehow I feel that he's just misunderstood.

And now the links:

Links to "Yukarism" chapter 4:  LICENSED

Spoiler Alert!  Spoilers Ahead
My thoughts on the chapter:

Mahoro is still pretty funny.  She so badly wants to serve Yukari.  What the heck happened that's got her past self as Kazuma so mad at Takamura and makes her present self so deeply hate the present Takamura.  What is Mahoro going to do in the present now that Takamura is back.  I love how Yukari sees a delicious situation ahead is game to let Mahoro and present-Takamura go at each other.  Yukari is such the pot-stirrer.

Takamura -- I don't think he's evil.  I think he does evil things and he's probably in love with Yuumurasaki because she's the only person who doesn't fear him.  I imagine the scroll with the incantations was probably a protective scroll or a scroll with an incantation that bound the people in the past together so they can meet up again in the future.

It looks like some of the political intrigue of the Edo period.  I wonder if that has more to do with Yuumurasaki's death more than any personal relationship?

Next up!
Next up is either "Akagami no Shirayukihime" chapter 24 or "The Ghost Apartment Manager" chapter 3, depending on whether I get the AnS raw today or tomorrow.