Jan 21, 2014

"Kanojo ni Naru Hi -- Another' Chapter 2

It's been a while since our last release. Most of the releases that we are working on are over 40-pages and therefore require more time than usual to complete. Anyhow, we're chugging along now, so hopefully we'll get back to our average 2 releases/week schedule.

Here is the second chapter of "Kanojo ni Naru Hi -- Another". I like how this story begins by focusing on friendship and self-acceptance (regardless of gender) first.  I guess I say this because it's clear Sagara got in lots of fights before emergence because he didn't like being small and feminine looking even as a boy. After reading this chapter, I want to know more about Kurokawa and what it's like to emerge as a child. (Seeing Sagara and Kurokawa in the past would be a nice short special chapter.)  Also the situation they get into toward the end of the chapter raises some interesting sexism questions.  You would think in a society where some males become females that there would be more gender equality.  But as shown through Sagara and Kurokawa, it seems that there is some loss of status after a boy emerges. I hope Ogura explores this more.  Interestingly, this didn't seem to be much of an issue with Mamiya because he was cool and confident both as a male and then as a female. I guess I want to understand this deeper. How do families feel when their son emerges? Is it a joyous occasion or is it a source of shame? Also, how do girls feel about emerged girls? Are they accepted as "real girls"? Or are "emerged girls" marginalized both by girls and boys?

I better stop now before I get to rambly.  And now onto the release!
Links to "Kanojo ni Naru Hi -- Another" Chapter 2: (PDF) (Zip)

Next up could be "Baraou no Souretsu" Chapter 3, "Pochamani" Chapters 10 and 11, or "Megane no Incubus" Chapter 1 depending on which typesetter finishes first.  Please look forward to these releases.  After I finish with "Baraou", I will start working on oneshots for our Valentine's Day oneshot party!  Hooray!!!