Jan 29, 2014

"Baraou no Souretsu" Chapter 3

Finally, wrapping up this month's releases, we have the third chapter of "Baraou no Souretsu". This series gets better and better to me. I love it! I've been reading up on the history of Richard III and the War of the Roses, so I'm excited to see how Kanno-sensei will reinterpret was little is know about that time.  What I do know is that it was a brutal time. Lots of people, nobles and peasants, were killed, and there was treachery within the royal family and nobility.

The story is still at a place before Shakespeare's play about Richard III play begins.  It just occurred to me that perhaps I should go read the "Henry VI" trilogy. Hmm... Speaking of that, after looking online at various synopsis of the Henry VI plays, I made a little change from what Kanno wrote.  In the Japanese, Margaret refers to someone named "Pole". This is supposed to be her lover William de la Pole.  However, in English it would read laughably for Margaret to longing for her beloved "Pole"... uh... so I changed it to "William". Anyhow, it seems that these early chapters are pulling from the "Henry VI" trilogy, and this chapter takes place toward the end of Part 2.

Richard and Henry... sigh... I love this pairing, but we already know how Shakespeare ends this relationship. *Spiral of Tears*. But I'm eager to see how Kanno-sensei gets us to this conclusion, and will she stick with Shakespeare's bias that Richard is the height of villainy, or will she bake in other accounts that say Richard was brutal but fair, and ultimately a good ruler within the confines of the times. More importantly, by which means will she choose Henry death? I can't wait!!!

Okay. Now onto the release!
Links to "Baraou no Souretsu" Chapter 3: LICENSED

Next up, our Valentine's Day oneshot party will begin in little more than a week! We'll try to cram in as many oneshots as we can.  So far, we think we can complete five, but who knows, maybe we'll sneak in a couple of short oneshots.