Mar 13, 2011

"Pika Ichi" Chapter 6

"Pika Ichi" returns!  I'm glad I took a break from the series.  It allowed me to gain some perspective on the series and to see the next three chapters before deciding to continue the series.  Make no mistake, this series continues to defy logic.  Apparently adults do not exist in this story's world so it's basically like "Lord of the Flies".  By the way, I hated the book "Lord of the Flies".  For the most part senselessly violent children don't settle well with me.  Still, I like Tarou, Hanako, and Manaka and I'm curious about Dougen and Misono so I will continue this series to see the character study.

Links to "Pika Ichi" chapter 6: (Zip) (PDF)

Spoiler Alert! Spoilers Ahead!
My Thoughts on the Chapter--

In order to tolerate this series I've had to trick my brain into thinking that adults don't exist in this the world of this story.  If a child is witnessed being kidnapped, any sensible person would call the police and Manaka and Tarou should have contacted Hanako's parent's immediately.  With respect to Hanako's injuries, one of them should have called for an ambulance and reported an assault and attempted murder.  SERIOUSLY!  None of this makes any sense.  And what about Hanako's parents?  Surely they care that their daughter has been severely beaten by her classmates.

I've looked at chapter 7 and 8, and what follows with Dougen makes no sense.  There is no forgiveness or association with somebody who leaves anybody to be severely beaten after finding out that offense for which the beating was ordered did not happen.  As far as I'm concerned, since Dougen didn't call off the other students at that moment, there is no redemption for his character. SERIOUSLY!  The same goes for that pop-tart Ibuki.  She's deserving of a bitch-slap at the very least.

Okay...all of this said, I'm still interested the main characters and I want to understand an inconsistency that comes up in Dougen's past in chapter 8.  The rest of the stuff in the story senseless garbage and the only way any of this would make sense is if Dougen is somehow the Devil's spawn -- I mean this literally supernatural powers and all -- and he's trying to opposed his evil destiny using Hanako as his saviour.  If Dougen were the Devil's spawn, then that would be AWESOME and all would be forgiven.

Next up is "Pika Ichi" Chapter 7 followed by the extras from the 4th volume of "Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen".

With respect to on-going series that we have been releasing soon after the Japanese release, I have no news yet on how the earthquake will impact them.  What I do know is that national-wide, Japan is suffering from a power storage and manufacturing in general has been limited because there isn't enough power.  Also there is major infrastructure damage in the Kanto region.  I don't know whether printing is impacted or whether printing can be done in Southern Japan for the time being.  Anyhow...my feeling is there will be delays in the magazine shipments, so please don't expect "Magnolia", "J+K", or "Zoo" to be release early in April.  I will let you all know for sure what's going on when I find out for myself.  If the magazines are indeed delayed, then I will back fill with chapters of the new series, catch up on neglected series, and release one-shots until the magazines arrive. My first indication of a possible delay will be if Hana to Yume Issue 8 doesn't arrive on March 18th or 19th.