Feb 22, 2010

My Thoughts about Orange Chocolate Chapter 4

What I like about this chapter is the way, towards the end, Chiro starts to confront her own personality.  She wonders if she is as bubble-headed as Ritsu is playing her.  I wonder will Ritsu's behavior while he's in Chiro body affect the way Chiro's friends and colleagues perceive her.  Sure, Chiro has her impulsive moments, but she's not fiery like when Ritsu inside of her.  I wonder will Ritsu soon begin to confront his own personality.  I think he's definitely getting a different perspective on Chiro.  I get the feeling that he's taking her more seriously in terms of soft skills, but he still has a ways to go in terms of not thinking of her as a idiot child.  I wonder, though, does Chiro have to realize first that's she's not a idiot child before it can be perceived by Ritsu and the people around her.

My feeling about the over arc of this story, is that the two won't stop switching until each feels comfortable in their own skin.  I could be wrong, though, because it is a Kitsune's curse.  Peeking ahead, though, I can see that there's a twist or two coming very soon.  Regardless, for now, I think I'll enjoy the very fierce Chiro-Ritsu as he continues to stick it to the Student Council President in the next chapter.  There are also some very sweet moments in the next chapter to look forward to.  Hopefully, I will be able to get chapter 5 out early next week.  I would do it sooner, but I need to do some website maintenance, housework, work on my online portfolio, find a job, and watch the Winter Olymipic ice skating events.