Aug 11, 2008

Olympic Fever

I didn't think that it would happen, but I've got Olympic fever and I feel compelled to watch the excitement every minute I'm at home and coverage is on. So please forgive me as I succumb to the magic of the US Men's swimming team (yesterday's relay was the most exciting sports event I've seen in a while. We watched it again at work. That win by the US Men was so SWEET!!! Even my Dad was talking about it. ) and no doubt the US Men's Gymnastics's Team -- so far the Indian guy is my favorite -- I'm rooting for him whole heartedly! He sounds so sweet and deserving. Oh, and then onto diving and track and field ... sigh ... so ... Consequently, there may be silence from me until the games are over.

In the wee few minutes of time before I go to sleep (after midnight because Olympic coverage goes until then), I've been slowly translating the latest chapter of "Ouran Host Club." From what I can tell the last 10-pages or so move things along quite a bit between Haruhi and Tamaki (Tamaki gives Haruhi an otoro ring and comes mighty close to kissing her again after internalizing that his feelings for her are not familial love -- yep, I skipped to the good part) and then Haruhi gets snatched, leaving the ring on the ground. Poor Tamaki is left looking for her. I was hoping that a translation group would have put this out by now, but Ouran is a tough read so I understand why it takes so long to get the chapters out. Anyhow, if I manage to finish before something comes out, I'll post a summary. Anyhow, the chapter starts with Tamaki dreaming about his childhood when his Dad came to visit. His Dad apologizes for not being with Tamaki and his mother and tells Tamaki that they are alway number one on his mind. Then Tamaki goes to Hatsumode with the gang. He and Haruhi have a cute little conversation about eating New Years mochi and are interrupted by Hikaru. Tamaki then starts to freak out about Hikaru's confession to Haruhi and that's as far as I've gotten in detail -- 1. Hikaru confessed to Haruhi 2. Hikaru said that Tamaki is running away from some kind of trauma via the family analogy.