Feb 7, 2011

Junketsu + Kareshi Chp 7 -- Dude looks like a Lady!

Here is "Junketsu + Kareshi" chapter 7.  This is basically a heavily comedic bridge chapter to the next story arc. 

Links to "Junketsu + Kareshi" Chatper 7: (Zip) (PDF) -- Retired

Spoilers Ahead:
My thoughts on the chapter--

Kana is weird!  She seems to willfully avoid her own sadness and the sadness of others.  It's not that I believe in dwelling on sadness, but she's way too Pollyanna-like to stay sane.  I eagerly await the break-down and Aki's reaction to her breakdown (that is if Shouoto-sensei is brave enough to have Kana breakdown).

In this chapter we are sorta introduced to Kana's younger brother, Masayuki.  Masayuki has been shut in his room for a year and Kana says it's been tough (some cracks can be seen in her expression), but then she dumps all of her responsibility for caring for Masayuki on Aki and goes about smiling happily as usual.  Does Aki just realize what happened?

Thinking about Masayuki, is he "N"? or are the they completely unrelated?  When I initially read the story, I didn't feel the two were related, though, I completely expect Masayuki to be under the influence of a "Stigma".  So which of the seven deadly sins is he (wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony)? Shiranui was "greed".  Hmm...I think I need more information to make a good guess.  I didn't think Masayuki could be related to "N" until Tin mentioned it in a comment.  I think, though,  that "N" points toward "pride".

The Student Council:  Is it just the two of them?  I like the President, but dang!  "Dude looks like a lady!"  I was really struggling during the translation to find some indication of gender.  It took me a while to spot the white pants.  I really, really, what him to be a magical creature -- a kitsune specifically.  (Please, please, please!!!), though he reeks of vampire...

I'm looking forward to the story ratcheting up in chapters 8 and 9.  I also hope Dealer shows up again.  He's fun :).
-------------------------

Next up is our Valentine's Day special one-shot "Ginrou no Sakura".  I may be able to sneak in an unfinished one-shot before that release.

Also look out for the first volume of "Junketsu + Kareshi" due to release March 7th!  I will post links to purchase when the volume is available.