May 26, 2009

VB Rose ?

I got a comment from Zing Mei this morning requesting VB Rose translation. Volumes 1 -5 are out in English from Tokyo Pop. I checked for volume 6 on Amazon and it looks like the manga is being discontinued. Scanning the web quickly, it looks like Tokyo Pop is having some problems and has restructured and changed strategy, though, I'm not sure what to - their website, though "Flashy," is nearly unusable. Plus, they've even discontinued some of their top selling titles ("Karin" for instance -- and there is only one more volume left !!!???) Anyhow, back to V.B. Rose ... though "lovely", there's not much of a story beyond the 1st volume, so I don't think I can do a 9 volume grind through a dense manga that doesn't interest me that much. However, that said, perhaps a translation group will pick up of the manga now that the rights are in limbo. I do know how it ends, though, ...

7/31 pages of Ouran chp 71 translated last night ...